The Irvine Museum Educational Outreach Program
Curator of Education
The Irvine Museum provides the following for all second graders and above attending public and private schools in the Orange County school districts:
- Exhibits are of paintings of the California Impressionism period (1890 to 1930). Displays are changed every three to four months.
- Field trips can be arranged every Tuesday through Thursday from 9:00 to 10:45 a.m. for a tour of the museum for students and their teachers. The students experience firsthand major works of art reflecting the history and culture of California.
- Reimbursement of $200.00 per bus is available to the school district for each school field trip to our museum.
- Donation of a complete set of 14 hardbound museum publications to the school upon receiving a written request on the school's letterhead.
The Irvine Museum offers a variety of tours of its exhibitions. A regularly scheduled weekly docent tour is offered every Thursday at 11:15 a.m. Visitors are welcome on this tour without an appointment. In addition, special docent tours are available to groups of ten or more on an appointment basis. Please contact Dora James, Curator of Education, to schedule your group for a tour of our current exhibition.
Admission is complimentary.
Curator of Education
Become A Patron Today
Your participation and support of The Irvine Museum Patron program can make a significant difference in many people's lives. To sponsor a tour for a non-profit youth group of your choice, contact Dora James, Curator of Education at (949) 476-0294. Click here to learn more.
- Help educate children about the importance of art
- Preserve the aesthetic beauty of California's cultural heritage
- Help fund The Irvine Museum's outreach programs
- Contact us:
- Visit our Bookstore
We have eighteen (18) wonderful and beautifully illustrated books, DVDs and notecards published by The Irvine Museum offered for sale. Click here
- Patrons of The Irvine Museum
Help support our expanding outreach programs. Your contribution can make a significant difference. Join today! Click here
18881 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92612
Click here for directions
Offices/Bookstore: (949) 476-0294
Directions: (949) 476-2565
Tuesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The museum is closed Sunday, Monday, and may be closed for major holidays. Please call ahead.
Admission is complimentary for all visitors. Donations are gratefully accepted.
The Irvine Museum validates parking for its visitors.
|Join Our Newsletter "The Palette"|